Sunday, April 16, 2017

Time To Revive This

It's been a long time, eh? Yeah, I've been through a lot lately, I know...


I'm not going through what happened why I stopped for a long time, but I will revive this blog for the purpose of showing my diecast collection, YouTube videos, and possibly even my racing story.


So first off, here's my YouTube channel. If you're feeling blue and want to take out your stress, then that channel is for you. I have posted gaming videos for your viewing pleasure.


AND IF YOU ARE INTO CARS: THEN THAT'S MUCH BETTER! That's because majority of my videos are racing gameplays! But I'll try my hand on fighting games. Variety is the spice of life, indeed.



Now, I shall be back to reviewing my diecast cars. I have so much bought during that long gap. So many to choose from...


I shall start off with this:





The 1:43 scale model of the Audi R8 V10 Plus from Herpa.



Maybe you're thinking - HERPA? Isn't that known for making airplane models. Well, that's true. But they also make diecasts too, and of great quality too!







I like the R8, particularly the first generation one with the V8. This particular model is the second generation Plus model. That means it has a 610 PS 5.2 liter V10 shared from the Lamborghini Huracan cousin. It should dash from 0-100 km/h in 2.6 seconds, and will go on until 330 km/h.

The R8's futuristic styling will always turn heads. It's a far cry from the plain looking but high tech saloons Audi makes. Maybe Audi knows that they are to be taken seriously...


On to the model, first impressions are that it can rival a Minichamps model of the same scale.




The paint quality? Wonderful. The metalflake paint job is seamless, and it's even on par with an AUTOart!









Normally, I don't buy other variants of a model, but I made an exception this time. The first one was actually that Suzuka Grey colored one on the left, and that blue was the second.



Time for the downsides.




It may look gorgeous and seems to be flawless, don't think of that. While it is indeed on par with the models from the household names like AUTOart, Minichamps, and EBBRO, it isn't perfect either. Some parts can be fragile, and even the wheels can take off. I even have to glue back the white one's left headlight because it fell off. But it was done in precision that even you won't notice.



But that's only the issue I've found so far. I only have three Herpa models to date. The third one is a Porsche, which I'll review also later on.


WHERE CAN I BUY ONE?


If you may ask where to get one, it's very simple. It can be acquired via an Audi showroom, just contact your local dealer if they have one in their lifestyle section. You can ever order one from them if you want, just make a deposit and wait for a month or two for it to arrive.




NEXT REVIEW:


Do you know that I have a smaller version of that car? 1:64 scale to be exact, and it's a race car! Stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment